Sports Gaza| A ceasefire is finalized in exchange for freeing hostages

Gaza| A ceasefire is finalized in exchange for freeing hostages

Gaza|  A ceasefire is finalized in exchange for freeing hostages

According to ‘The Washington Post’, Israel, the US and Hamas are close to closing an agreement to free a group of women and children in exchange for pausing the conflict for several days.

ADVERTISING

Israel, the United States and Hamas have reached a provisional agreement that would free dozens of women and children held hostage in Gaza, in exchange for a five-day pause in fighting. The release could begin in the coming days. Barring any last-minute setbacks, it could lead to the first sustained pause in the conflict in Gaza, according to people familiar with its provisions,” it said. ‘The Washington Post’.

The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) are doing research reports on a deadly attack in Jabalia, a neighborhood in Gaza City. Palestinian sources claim that more than 80 people, including children, were killed following an attack. It affected a UN-run school where there were refugeeswho could not escape the city due to the blockade. IDF spokesman Peter Lerner told the BBC: “I cannot confirm that this incident is from the IDF, but we are seeing images like yours on social media. We are investigating it.”

The IDF stated that several Schools in Gaza are used as weapons caches for Hamas and Islamic Jihad; On Saturday they released video of one such cache reportedly discovered at a high school in the northern Gaza Strip, in addition to dozens of mortar shells reportedly discovered at a daycare center in the same area.

He palestinian president, Mahmoud Abbas, made a call direct to american presidentJoe Biden, to intervene immediately and “to stop this humanitarian catastrophe, or rather, this genocide against our innocent people, for which history will not consider anyone innocent.”

Benjamin NetanyahuIsraeli Prime Minister, indirectly responded to that by stating that Abbas “43 days after the worst massacre against Jews since the Holocaust, he refuses to condemn it.” He added that the Palestinian Authority “in its current form” is incapable of taking responsibility for Gaza, but “after we fight and do this, we will hand over (the Gaza Strip) to them.” Netanyahu also noted that Israel “will only accept a temporary ceasefire, and only in exchange for the return of our hostages”, dismissing all previous reports about alleged agreements and ceasefire talks. So far, according to the prime minister, there is no agreement on the matter.

At the same time, Al-Qahera Al-Ekhbariya reports that the Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ, military wing of Hamas) has lost contacts with several units responsible for protecting hostages in northern Gaza. No reasons or details have been given yet.

Experts from WHO and other humanitarian organizations enter Al Shifa hospital

Experts from the World Health Organization (WHO) and other United Nations humanitarian agencies have achieved access the Al Shifa hospital, the main hospital in Gaza and the scene of violent fighting in the last week, to be able to analyze the situation in the medical center.

In a statement from the WHO, the organization emphasizes that the mission had guarantees of safe access by the Israeli Defense Forces but was “high-risk” due to the fact that there are still hostilities in the vicinity of the hospital. The mission, also made up of officials from the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs and the United Nations Agency for Palestinian Refugees (UNRWA), took place after Israeli forces ordered the forced evacuation of 2,500 internally displaced people taking refuge in the hospitalas well as doctors and patients.

“Due to the time limits set and the insecurity situation The team was only able to spend one hour inside the hospital, which they described as a ‘dead zone’ in which the situation is ‘desperate,'” the WHO statement said. The members of the mission, whose task was to examine priorities of action and possible evacuations of those left there, they verified that the hospital had evidence of having suffered bombings, shootings, and they saw how more than 80 people had been buried in a grave common at the hospital entrance.

Center lacked clean water, fuel, medicine and other basic needs, which has caused the Al Shifa hospital, once the largest and most advanced in Gaza, “to broadly cease to function as a medical facility.” In a building whose hallways were full of trash that increases the risk of infection“patients and medical staff were terrified and begging to be evacuated,” highlighted the members of the team that visited the building.

The WHO indicates that after the evacuations there remain 25 healthcare workers and 291 patients in Al Shifasome in extremely critical condition, including two in intensive care, 22 on dialysis and **32 babies. **Al Shifa stopped admitting new patients and now new injured and sick people are directed to the nearby Indonesian Hospital, whose situation is also at its limit. due to overcrowding and lack of supplies, the WHO highlighted.

In Al Shifa “most patients are victims of trauma caused by war”, including some with amputations and around thirty with serious spinal injuries that prevent them from moving without medical assistance, the WHO added. After learning of the situation, the UN health organization indicated that it is preparing plans for the evacuation of remaining patients in the hospital center, and it is expected that there will be new missions from this and other agencies within 24-72 hours to be able to carry them out.

The official spokesperson of Israeli armyDaniel Hagari, announced on Saturday at a press conference that his troops continue operating at the medical center with the purpose of uncover underground Hamas infrastructurewho is accused of having its main command center under the hospital.

Source: Euronews Espanol

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here